I provide quick, easy and affordable uncontested divorces in the Mobile County area. Give me a call to discuss your situation. You make be able to avoid the 6 months to 18 months it takes to fight through the court system with a contested divorce and the thousands of dollars you would spend in the process.
What is an uncontested divorce?
An uncontested divorce in Alabama is where the parties agree upon everything such as:
- child custody,
- child support,
- division of assets,
- division of debts, and
The agreement is put in writing. The parties must be willing to sign the divorce agreement and submit the divorce agreement along with other documents to the court. Usually, the court grants an uncontested divorce without the parties ever having to go to court.
What are the advantages of an uncontested divorce?
- An uncontested divorce generally costs less than a contested divorce.
- Generally, parties do not have to go to court to get an uncontested divorce.
- With an uncontested divorce, the parties get to decide issues on custody, asset division, and alimony, instead of the court.
- Usually, an uncontested divorce takes less time to get than a contested divorce.
How Long Does it take to get an Uncontested Divorce?
An uncontested divorce can be signed by the court 30 days after it has been filed with the court.
However, in my experience, the judge normally grants the divorce 45 to 60 days after it has been filed with the court.
How can I get Started with my Uncontested Divorce?
- You can contact me via the contact page, fill out the divorce intake form or call the firm. If no one answers, leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- You do not even have to make an appointment and come into the office to get your divorce started.
- You can get your divorce started via a phone consultation and credit card payment.
- Once the divorce paperwork has been completed, it can be e-mailed to you.
- If the paperwork is acceptable to all parties, you can make an appointment to come into my office and sign the paperwork.
Alabama Uncontested Divorce Process
The divorce process in Mobile Alabama varies based on whether you have a contested or uncontested divorce. If it is an uncontested divorce, then the process is much shorter and easier. It also does not cost as much. Normally, it takes between 45 days to 60 days after the paperwork is filed with the court to get your “no fault divorce”. The following is the overview of the uncontested divorce process:
- The required information is gathered from the parties.
- Based on that information, the paperwork is drafted and reviewed by the parties.
- If both parties agree with the terms and conditions contained in the divorce paperwork, the parties sign the paperwork in the presence of a notary.
- Afterwards, the divorce papers are filed with the court.
- If children are involved, the parties must attend a transparenting class.
- The judge can sign the paperwork at any time after 30 days.
If you need an uncontested divorce, learn why you should hire a Mobile divorce lawyer to represent you. As a lawyer, I understand that sometimes problems don’t occur nine to five. Consequently, a lawyer is available on a limited basis to take your calls on the weekend and after hours. Please call the firm and leave a message and a lawyer will call you back as soon as possible.