When You Need a Contested Divorce
The Monk Law Firm handles contested divorces in Mobile and Baldwin County. If you are contemplating a divorce, call The Monk Law Firm for a free consultation. Going through a divorce can be very difficult and emotionally trying. Consequently, you should not go through this process without the benefit legal counsel.
What is a Contested Divorce?
A contested divorce is where the parties cannot agree upon everything such as:
- division of assets
- child custody
- child visitation
- child support
Therefore, one party files a complaint with the court seeking a divorce. This complaint sets forth the plaintiff’s request for a divorce, division of the martial assets, custody of any children, child support and alimony. Afterwards, the parties either work out their respective differences through their attorneys or the court makes the decisions. In this process, the judge makes the final decision as to any issues unless the divorce is obtained by default (i.e., the defendant in the action did not file an answer). A contested divorce typically costs more in attorneys’ fees than a non contested divorce.
How can I get started?
- You can contact me via the contact page, fill out the divorce intake form or call the firm. If no one answers, leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- You do not even have to make an appointment and come into the office to get your divorce started.
- You can get your divorce started via a phone consultation and credit card payment.
- Once the divorce paperwork has been completed, it can be e-mailed to you.
- If the paperwork is acceptable to all parties, you can make an appointment to come into my office and sign the paperwork.
If you need a divorce, learn why you should hire an Alabama lawyer to represent you. As a lawyer, I understand that sometimes problems don’t occur nine to five. Consequently, a lawyer is available on a limited basis to take your calls on the weekend and after hours. Please call the firm and leave a message and a lawyer will call you back as soon as possible.